Monday, February 9, 2009

Milagros Heart




The ABAA challenge this week is Milagros Hearts.  I made this milagros heart using my favorite metal - an old pie tin. Milagros refers to a tinwork technique in Mexico. Frequently the hearts will have flames which signifies the Sacred Heart of Jesus. Sometimes they have wings - I'm not too sure what that means - but it always reminds me of the movie Castaway. I love doing these metal pieces in the round - which is so easy when you start with a pie tin. You just do repeating patterns around and around. There's something very meditative about it. Anyway, I was meditating on: Cast your cares upon Him, for He cares for you ...... so my heart ended up with flames because I was thinking about the love of Jesus.


And this is one of my Great Grandmother's wineglasses. The love is flowing :)



12 comments:

Robin said...

Great piece Kimmie!

Christy said...

Beautiful heart, Kimmie. Also, appreciated the little encouragement. ;)

Odd Chick said...

This is so beautiful - I know I overuse that word with your art - but your words and these two images just touched my heart and made me want to cry they were so special somehow! i'm so glad we get to share our art.

Rosie said...

Lovely piece Kimmie and the colours are so delicate and subtle. Great recycling too, and thanks for joining in our challenge again.
Love
Rosie ABAA

RubyMay said...

Oh what an absolutely stunning piece....I love this x

Jan said...

Beautiful piece - very clever metalwork

Anonymous said...

wowza, awesome milagro, me gusto muchissimo!!

*jean* said...

oooo soooo very very cool!

Linda Vincent said...

This is fabulous...and you've done an authentic heart with the flames - great work Kimmie, I love it!
Linda x

Jendy said...

Gorgeous heart. The colors are fantastic, and the metal work is inspiring. Thank you for sharing this with us. Beautiful.

Viv said...

Stunning heart.

Jaqi said...

Stunning work, the colours are beautiful and what a fantastic creation .....on a pie tin , WOW, its reat , Jaqi