Saturday, June 27, 2009

Lemonade Stand

I have a wonderful children's reader from the forties with great illustrations and inane stories. I love the typestyle and use the book for most of the text I add to my art. This time around I used some text that actually went with the picture. Of course I had to add my own twist on things with the beer bottle cap. Just a bit of silliness I guess.


Materials used:
vintage bingo card, gesso, ink, book illustration and text, stamped bees and text, tin can lid, stamped sun, colored wire, beads, bottle cap, my own tin flowers, metallic gel pen.

6 comments:

ooglebloops said...

It's beautiful - but how can you bear to cut up that fabulous old book?? That is the hardest thing for me to do - altho I do it!!!
Enjoy your summer days/daze- I think I'll go join you in a popsicle........!!

Nettie Edwards said...

Beautiful work Kimmie x

Terri Kahrs said...

So creative and wonderful! I love the way you've repurposed a vintage book. Some of those older illustrations are soooo lovely! What a nice way to enjoy them. (And I adore your tin floweres!) Hugs, Terri xoxo

Renee Howell said...

Yes, how do you part with an old book like that? I can't seem to get past the librarians from my school days - "Don't wreck the book."

Unknown said...

believe me ... the book is terribly terribly boring .... I'd never get a child turned on to reading with this old thing :)

Amy said...

WOW..what a true treasure..just awesome! I love frog's too.