Tuesday, August 10, 2010

tea and sorting

my tea is black, hot and strong
... Breakfast Tea ...
back to reality I guess


I'm posting this very late
I think I must still be on Island Time
(it's only 8:45 a.m. in Kaua'i)


I collected shells and things from every beach we were on
It's fun to sort them and remember the places they are from





shells from the North Shore
(Ha'ena Beach)















bits of plastic from the East Shore
(Lydgate Beach)













shells from the South Shore
(Poipu Beach)

















teeny tiny shells from the Southwest Shore
(Waimea and Salt Pond Beach)











Today I'm working on sorting my photos
Kaua'i is an amazing place
in the past I've been to Maui
(which I love too)
both places are just so DIFFERENT from each other
Kaua'i is very unspoiled and natural
we had a beautiful beautiful time
I would go back every year if I could

*

I hope your day, your week, your summer is sun-filled, warmth-filled, beauty-filled
I just love this time of the year!
For more summertime tea from all around the country 
- and the world too - 
please visit the tea blogs listed in my sidebar



16 comments:

Delphyne said...

Welcome back - hope you had a fantastic time!!

These finding would make a most interesting lei!

Elizabeth said...

Welcome back, Kim! I love your little montages -- so peaceful, serene and beautiful. I'm glad that you had a wonderful vacation and can't wait to hear more about it.

ale said...

wauuuu!!qué lindo viaje!!!! kimmie you have to post photos from that marvellous beaches!!!l love all the little lovely things you collect!!happy welcome kimmie y muchos besos!!!!!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

So good to see that you are back. You were missed. I enjoyed seeing the very distinct and unique shells and flotsom that you found at the various beaches. I can't believe you are drinking anything hot. It must not be hot in the Pacific NW today.

Welcome home, dear.

BadPenny said...

so beautiful - even the pieces of plastic.

Haven't done a T Tuesday post for a while - hope to be back soon xx

sukipoet said...

sounds like a wonderous place to be! the shells are all exquisite. and a cup of black tea...just what i needed. thanks.

~*~Patty S said...

Really lovely to have you back home Kimmie...I can only imagine that Hawaii is a place you might not want to leave so soon

your treasures are all so wonderful ... plastic never looked so good and the tiny shells ... I spy some limpets! I could entertain myself for hours ... maybe days ... beachcombing!

hope your reentry to reality is sweet and smooth ... the things you've seen and experienced will never leave you ... that is what I adore about travel it makes us so rich
oxo

Steph said...

Thse colections are so beautiful and precious indeed Kimmie!!! welcome back!! we missed you ;)

ELK said...

so very happy to see you are back..to reality can be hard..your collections are charming ..

Caterina Giglio said...

welcome back!! so glad you had a good time, I have been to Maui and Hawaii but always wanted to visit the garden isle, bet it was wonderful. love your collections, happy Tea!

Yvonne said...

Welcome back. Love your sea turtle cup. also your tiny shells from the beaches. NEver been to the Islands but would love to go one day.

Terri Kahrs said...

Welcome home, Kimmie! I love the treasures you've collected. Just thinking of walking along the beach put me in a great state of mind! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Meadowlark Days said...

ooo, you found some lovely things on the island! there is a glass beach there, just around the corner from an old landfill...perhaps I will blog about it someday.

Bea said...

I love my black tea. Sometimes you just need it black and strong. Your collection of shells and doodads from the beaches are so beautiful. I have something similar but they are all in one giant glass jar. I do keep the little bags of sand that I collect, from the beaches, separate. Why, I'm not sure but I like their different colors. :)Bea

Catharina Maria said...

Hallo Kimmie , I am glad you are back and you have taken great things with you back home !
Love from ♥RINI♥

Linda Jo said...

I know you had an incredible time. I prefer Kauai over Maui. Two very different islands. I love Hanalei. I can smell the plumeria!!!!!!!