Tuesday, August 31, 2010

tea and toast

(and what I mean by that is: I'M toast!)

my cuppa is hot peppermint tea (Stash Merry Mint) on a chilly rainy day in Washington
... and still in jammies!
The fair is over 
- for us at least - 
our other 4-H neighbors (chickens, dogs and cows) are still down there
(and the moms who are almost toast)


(it was a wonderful 5 days with all of these folks)

the kids are all so special
we're so glad to have found 4-H
not only have we made new friends
we also know how to take better care of our cavy.
my animal loving girl is learning confidence, responsibility and a world of possibilities

(there's my girl in the red shirt and looking straight at the camera)

... and the rewards that go with being dedicated and motivated


(lots of ribbons and a trophy for: a poster, photography, a costume contest, a quiz contest, fitting and showing her pig, and a special award for being an enthusiastic "primary")


And her older sister wants a rabbit so she can do 4-H too. 
(I think I can do this - if I allow myself to be toast once in a while)

***

thank you for enduring the week long saga of The Fair!
I'll be back with art after the dust settles around here :)
In the meantime - enjoy a cuppa with my fine blogger fiend listed in the Tea and Tuesday spot of my sidebar!
and Happy Tuesday!



16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I've loved your fair posts -- it's wonderful getting to take a peek into a world that I know nothing about. I've said it before, but I envy you your town and community.

~*~Patty S said...

you deserve a rest 4H Mom!
I enjoyed your fair posts very much!

Pat McNally was also abed for T today ... great minds ;)

hope it warms up for you ... we have plenty of heat (and mosquitoes) to share! sadly there is a RED ALERT for air quality this afternoon ... with storms brewing ... we need the rain

Wishing you and yours a happy and sweet T dear Kimmie!

~*~Patty S said...

just me ... back for another sip of tea ;)
meant to say how glorious and pretty all of those hard earned ribbons are WOWEE and how precious your daughter is making eye contact with you taking the photo = priceless!
oxo

ELK said...

amazing organization 4H is ..you are smart to have her doing something that she is passionate about..good mom!! rest now!!

*jean* said...

a very successful showing!! congratulations to that hard working girl!! i did 4H as a girl too, loved it! happy tuesday, hope you're enjoying your jammie day!!

Caterina Giglio said...

love your tea and toast post! and yes it is much cooler here, hope it doesn't turn chilly ... Yet!!

Yvonne said...

I remember those 4H days. Great days!
I have those days of staying in my jammies for a time! It's okay Kimmie....enjoy! :) Have a happy T Tuesday!

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I've really enjoyed visiting the fair with you this year. I see your daughter got lots of awards. That is always so special and builds so much confidence. I'm proud of you, dear Kimmie. It's OK to be toast when you are a supportive and caring mother who shares activities with her children. I'll drink (tea) to that, too.

Dianne said...

Very cool Kimmie... And to be toast once in a while is just fine...

Terri Kahrs said...

If anyone deserves a 'jammie day', it's you, Kimmie! I loved your posts this week and (frankly) I'm a little sad that the fair is finished. Congrats, Mom, on a job well done! And just look at all of those well deserved and hard earned ribbons!!! Hugs, Terri xoxo

Nancy said...

You look so warm and 'toasty' :)
I love all the pics from the fair, I see you in your daughters' face :) congrats on all the ribbons!
I love the animals and I love the clown--so cute. Looks like so much fun!
I'm enjoying tea with rain too :)

Steph said...

You deserved a really good break and "tea in bed"...that's relaxing....have enjoyed your fair posts dear Kimmie....have a happy day!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi Kimmie- Glad that you got to rest in your jammies, and be you for a bit. Being a mom is hard work, but that is what makes a great kid, and you have got them! Happy day to you, Christen

Cynthia Monica said...

Looks like fun was had by all at the fair! 4-H is such a great thing for kids....its great that you encourage and participate! What a great mom you are!

AmyK said...

I wish I had gone to the fair; I missed it. Again. Haha. Looks like a good time was had by all!

Unknown said...

wow! I am always thrilled when I find someone who's heard of 4H. It was a life line for me years ago. Seriously.