Tuesday, April 30, 2013

windchime

today I had time to work on something that has been a bit of a monkey on my back
do have those? I know you do :)


the school is having an auction to raise $$
and my daughter's class brought from home all kinds of recyclable/reusables to make a
garden art/windchime/suncatcher sort of thing
but, as it turns out, 
there is very little the kids can do by of participation except to bring in the materials
(with the wire, pliers, awl, etc. it's just too many sharp objects and opportunities for owies)

but I'm liking the can lids and think I'll add more
the kids can sign their names on the lids
and call it a day
right?


8 comments:

Annie Cholewa said...

That's rather smart :)

Yvonne said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Yvonne said...

Looks great. A wonderful way to use up lots of little things. I may have to try that by cleaning out my junk drawer. LOL

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

OK, I'm officially jealous. Love what you have made. I hope these bring lots of money for the school.

Zue said...

I love it. It would be an amazing addition to a beautiful garden.
Xxx
Sue

Healing Woman said...

What a wonderful way to save memories! I can see you adding all sorts of items that are meaningful to your family. Even though you used recycled items, you might even ask others to bring you and your children a box of their own personal momentos to create one especially for them. I love this idea and I'm sure the one your made will bring an immediate sale.

Anonymous said...

Oh this would be fun haning in the garden glinting in the sun. Your can lids are marvelous....like metal sunflowers. xox

Jill said...

This is pretty cool! I just put an old notebook spiral/spring thing aside as I was sorting stuff and thought how neat it was and here I see you have one in this cool wind chime. I often wonder how everyone thinks that just because it's using recyclables it's a kids' project. Most are way to hard for them.