Friday, January 31, 2014

january leaves us ...

... and the kitchen counter is loaded with tangerines, heirloom oranges, and Texas grapefruit .... plus the usual apples and bananas .... all of us are craving sunshine in the form of citrus .... sunshine on a cloudy day


and I've been working on my seed catalog collages .... 6 are shown here .... 2 more are in various stages of completion 


I'm really enjoying the color and texture play .... feeding my cloudy soul as I work


and it's always a surprise to me as to what words spill out .... an unfolding of thoughts


what is your midwinter therapy? 
color play? 
word play? 
seasonal fruit from California, Texas, and Florida?

6 comments:

Ms. said...

Hot lemonade, 'emergenC'hot or cold, old movies, photography, blogging and Bach :->

Gberger said...

Those are beautiful!

Winter therapy for me is getting out in it, walking several miles a day, and drinking hot beverages.

Halle said...

That clementine is so perfect it looks fake! Lovely collages. My winter therapy is getting together with friends. Spending so much time cooped up in the house makes me want to reach out to others.

Anonymous said...

all of the above....nice work happening there. xox

Kim Mailhot said...

I have given up coffee in favor of a warm water and citrus slices every morning. refreshing and energizing yet warming too.
I am lucky enough to be spending a lot of time watching my 2 month old grand-nephew these days. That is a delicious therapy in itself ! Missing art making though...
Beautiful seed cards and found poetry mixes.
Enjoy the sun in whatever form you can !

Linda Vincent said...

What a shiny, bright fruit - looks yummy!
So does your artwork.....